Pierce - The American College of Greece
The American College of Greece is a distinguished Greek school, offering high-quality education for over 140 years.
This web application automates the school’s registration process, offering parents an easy and visual-appealing form to complete. Since such a registration requires a lot of information to be submitted, especially for first-time students, the application allows users to pause the registration process and continue at a time of their convenience without losing any data, simply by automatically generating a temporary password when the user submits an incomplete form. Different data validation strategies are being applied when the form is submitted incomplete versus when it’s submitted in full. The school’s administration staff is able to process and filter out the submissions without having to use anything else rather than their familiar tool, which is Dynamics CRM.
The registration form is dynamically generated in ASP.NET MVC by retrieving metadata from Pierce’s Dynamic CRM server. When the form is submitted, the contained information is stored in the CRM server as well, after being translated to the corresponding Dynamics CRM entities (e.g. Parent, Student, UserAccount, Submission). The CRM server also takes advantage of various custom plugins and workflows to assist the administration team with the admission process, but also to enforce some additional business rules. Finally, the application uses Office 365’s mailing service in order to send transactional e-mail messages to the parents regarding the status of their applications.
My role as a software developer included:
- Creating the application’s business logic in ASP.NET MVC.
- Creating the integration between ASP.NET and Dynamics CRM by generating C# classes from Dynamic CRM entities (eary-bind), and also creating the necessary repositories to consume in ASP.NET MVC.
- Creating customized plugins and workflows in Dynamics CRM to complete the system’s business logic.
- Creating the application’s UI in HTML/CSS using Razor templates.
- Applying CAPTCHA security validation to the form.
- Configuring Office 365 e-mailing service to be used in ASP.NET MVC.